commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: [VFS] FILE_OR_FOLDER breaking tests
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 19:25:36 GMT
Those tests should be behind a capability for sure, but I thought they are already (as the
resource and URL fikesystem already passes the tests).

What filesystem do you have in mind and what are examples of failing testcases? I think I
had fixed a few for WebDav back in the days.

Gruss
Bernd

Von: Otto Fowler
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. März 2018 13:41
An: Commons Developers List
Betreff: [VFS] FILE_OR_FOLDER breaking tests

If you have a filesystem, where everything could be a FILE_OR_FOLDER type (
or VIRTUAL until attached ), then it seems like you need to replace some of
the testcases in the
provider suites, since they assume or check for FILE and FOLDER explicitly.

I guess my question is, are the tests as they are wrong and need to be
refactored or do we actually need alternate tests for content etc where we
check?