commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [parent][plugins] Thanks to Rob; commons-parent release is next?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2018 02:22:41 GMT

> On Apr 6, 2018, at 10:14 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> My experience is that japicmp does not work (throws an exception) with
> recent Java versions unless it is the latest version. I am sorry for being
> vague but I know I've had to set it to the most recent version (the one in
> commons-parent 46-SNAPSHOT) in order to get some Commons components to
> build.

I’m familiar with that warning exception that sebb helped fix. Now it requires an actual
built artifact for doing the comparison. I suppose we could set it up so that it runs after
“package”, but some projects seem to generate the site before any artifacts get generated.
(I suppose I should read more on the subtitles of the maven build lifecycle).

But if we’re not too concerned with japicmp, then I’d be happy to build a release candidate
tomorrow some time.

-Rob