commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [rng] animal sniffer java target?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:13:35 GMT
On Tue, 10 Jul 2018 15:57:24 -0400, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> I’ve gotten through most of the build except that I get animal
> sniffer errors depending on what target version I choose. Below
> maven.compiler.target I’ve added:
>
> <javaTarget.majorVersion>1</javaTarget.majorVersion>
> <javaTarget.minorVersion>8</javaTarget.minorVersion>
>
> to try to get the animal sniffer to behave, but it still yields
> errors. @Gilles - thoughts?

The component provides functionality that can be used with Java 6+.
All modules except "commons-rng-examples" are Java 6 compatible.
Some sub-modules of "commons-rng-examples" require a more recent
JDK (and the default target is Java 8).
Module "commons-rng-examples/examples-jpms" requires Java 9, as it
tests JPMS. [The "maven.compiler.target" is set accordingly in the
POM.]
By which tool are the
   javaTarget.majorVersion
and