commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>
Subject [all] Prepare release docs outdated for manifest entry "Extension-Name"?
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 10:57:24 GMT
Hello,

While preparing the release candidate for Imaging, I noticed one entry in the instructions
that seems to be outdated.

Under "Configure the Build to Generate a Complete Set of Release Artifacts" [1], the list
of entries for MANIFEST.MF starts with:

- Extension-Name: org.apache.commons.foo

After trying to get the MANIFEST.MF file to have that key, I realized that the parent-47 doesn't
seem to include it when generating the manifest entries [2].

Happy to update the page, but I couldn't find that entry in the parent pom.xml file, so just
thought it would be better to check here first if anybody has any recollection about this
manifest entry, please?

Thank you

Bruno

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-release-plugin/