commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>
Subject [imaging] Questions about the 1.0-alpha release
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2018 12:57:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle as much as I expected
with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.

But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was not executed by
the release plugin because... it's a project that uses assembly plugin I think), I would like
to confirm a few things

- The version release is 1.0-alpha
- The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have had a 3.0-beta. The
changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML comment showing which changes were
added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same for imaging
- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a few places
showing 1.0?

I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if I manage to get
these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote, and leave it running until the
next weekend - or cancel it during the week in case of an error, and then I could prepare
RC2 next weekend I think.

Thanks!
Bruno