commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [exec] Add stream api to improve exec ease of use
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:40:40 GMT
Hello.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 13:14:15 +0800, ideal wrote:
> Hi all, the current use of java8 has been very extensive. I designed
> stream api based simplified `exec` and verified its usability in a
> lot of
> scenarios. Share my api now.
>
> demo:
>
>         JVMLauncher<Integer> launcher =
> JVMLaunchers.<Integer>newJvm()
>                 .setCallable(() -> {
>                     System.out.println("************ exec task jvm
> start ***************");
>                     TimeUnit.SECONDS.sleep(1);
>                     System.out.println("************ exec task jvm
> stop ***************");
>                     return 1;
>                 })
>                 .setXms("16m")
>                 .setXmx("16m")
>                 .addUserjars(Collections.emptyList())
>                 .setConsole((msg) -> System.err.println(msg))
>                 .build();
>
>         VmFuture<Integer> out = launcher.startAndGet();   --run

It seems that the [exec] component has become unmaintained: last
release happened more than 4 years ago.

In order to make it worth reviving it (if there people willing
to do it), it would be useful to list what your project provides
that is missing from recent Java versions (e.g. enhancements to
the "Process"-related JDK classes).

Thanks,
Gilles