commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: [Numbers][Geometry] Where to define "quaternion" (Was: Making Quaternion a VALJO)
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:57:57 GMT
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 19:20:03 +0000, Matt Juntunen wrote:
> Unless anyone objects, I'm going to continue with what I'm working on

I certainly don't object on your working to improve the geometry
code, but wherever that work overlaps with code being worked on
elsewhere (in this case, the "Quaternion" class), then we'd
rather have a discussion happening here first.

> with QuaternionRotation and create a merge request. That way, we'll
> at
> least have a reference implementation and baseline functionality for
> commons-geometry that we can modify later based on what's decided
> here.

My questions below are a start; I'm waiting for answers.
Code duplication is bad (TM).

Regards,
Gilles

> -Matt

>>> rotations. It's not quite ready for a merge yet since I still need