commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject [Release-plugin] Howto (Was: Help with migrating one of OpenJPA classes to commons-collections4)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:22:13 GMT
Hello.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 23:19:57 +0700, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> The instruction [1] is good but seems to me "too universal" it would
> be easier to start with instruction specific to particular project :)
> I was my first release of commons-collections so I was unsure on
> every step :))
>
> [1]
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-rng.git;a=blob;f=doc/release/release.howto.txt

Rob was probably talking about this page:
     http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-release-plugin/index.html

The reference [1] above is a recipe which I started to write for
"Commons Math" way back when following any of the documents would
get me stuck as I was tryiing to manage my first release.
Through asking on the list, we manage to fill all the dots.
Later, the "recipe" was adapted to "git" and then to "multimodule
maven" (when I started "Commons RNG").

Regards,
Gilles