commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Subject Re: Help with migrating one of OpenJPA classes to commons-collections4
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 00:16:39 GMT
On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 06:59:26 +0700, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
> I found it here:
>
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-rng.git;a=blob;f=doc/release/release.howto.txt#l300
>
> Shall I drop current staging repo and restart the build without this
> profile?

Yes.
As I wrote, [RNG] is a modular project and "commons-rng-examples" is
one of its modules.
You can safely ignore any "-Pcommons-rng-examples" switch.  The rest
of the command line is fine.

For a non-modular project, you might be lucky to not hit the bugs of
the "release-plugin".

> On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 at 06:57, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 23:37, Maxim Solodovnik
>> <solomax666@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot Sebb,
>> >
>> > staging repo was created successfully.
>> > `mvn -Duser.name="solomax" -Pcommons-collections -Prelease clean
>> site
>> > site:stage deploy`
>> >
>> > but I got following error during the build:
>> > [WARNING] The requested profile "commons-collections" could not be
>> > activated because it does not exist.
>>
>> That's because it does not exist.
>> Why did you add "-Pcommons-collections" to the command-line?
>> Is it documented to do so somewhere?
>>
>> > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> > org.apache.commons:commons-release-plugin:1.3:stage-distributions
>> > (stage-distributions) on project commons-collections4: Failed to
>> add
>> files
>> > to scm -> [Help 1]
>> >
>> > It seems not important to me, would it be OK to ignore it and
>> proceed
>> with
>> > RC1?
>>
>> I don't use the release plugin so I don't know about that.
>>
>> > Another question: during release preparation I have created
>> `4.3-release`
>> > branch, it has zero commits, and I believe should be dropped (and
>> in fact
>> > shouln't be created)
>> > Documentation states: "As branches deletion is now forbidden at
>> > Apache, we will use a specific
>> > release branch for every version"

That's the convention followed up to now.
But we do delete feature and bugfix branches that were merged into
"master", or experimental branches that have become stale.

Gilles

>> > Can I delete this useless branch and propose documentation update?

>> be

>> <solomax666@gmail.com>

>> <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>

>> artifacts:
>> Could
>> org.apache.commons:commons-collections4:jar:4.3
>> > > > > >
>> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2):
>> > > > > >

>> https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.3/commons-collections4-4.3.jar

>> double-check

>> have