commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Commons RNG v1.2 (RC1)
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2018 15:18:23 GMT
On 04/12/2018 14:08, Alex Herbert wrote:

> The user guide shows updated Performance and Quality tables following
> the changes to the core implementation for all tables (verses release
> 1.1). I note that the times for the BoxMullerNormalizedGaussianSampler
> have all improved nearly 2-fold which is strange. The code appears to
> be unchanged from v1.1.

I should have said that the updated Performance and Quality tables was
expected since the core library was modified for this release. I was
expecting (and there is) a big change in the the generating boolean and
int values tables. V1.2 has a new implementation of these methods in the
core module. However the change to the speed of the
BoxMullerNormalizedGaussianSampler is unexpected.

Alex