commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Rng] New XoShiRo generators
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 14:10:43 GMT
Sorry, my earlier message was truncated.

On 13/03/2019 18:31, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

>> I ran:
>>
>> XorShiftXorComposite: XorComposite using XorShift1024Star +
>> XorShift1024StarPhi with the same seed
>>
>> XorShiftSerialComposite: SerialComposite using XorShift1024Star +
>> XorShift1024StarPhi with the same seed
>>
>> SplitXorComposite: XorComposite using XorShift1024Star + TwoCmres (this
>> is a control)
>>

>> FAILURE counts for Dieharder:
>>
>> XorShiftXorComposite : 89, 105, 104, 104, 105, 106, 105, 104
>> XorShiftSerialComposite : 27, 23, 22
>> SplitXorComposite : 0, 0, 0
BigCrush has finally finished:

XorShiftXorComposite : 0, 3, 0
XorShiftSerialComposite : 0, 0, 0
SplitXorComposite : 0, 1, 0

These results are actually not bad.

I am wondering about the Dieharder results. I think that originally I
did a xor operation on nextLong for the XorShiftXorComposite. Although
it should not matter (due to caching of nextLong() to produce ints) I
will redo this using nextInt for all composites as I just did for
BigCrush. Dieharder did take an extremely long time so to make sure I
will repeat Dieharder after a machine reboot. A linux update to c
libraries may have affected it.

Alex