commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject [Rng] Sonar 'bugs'
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2019 16:33:57 GMT
I noted that the Sonar job is no longer failing on Jenkins. Well done for fixing it.

I looked at the report and it has two bugs for testing floating point equality using ‘==‘.
These are not bugs. I have added unit tests to demonstrate that the math implemented in the
samplers should work when using the next value after the critical value.

Please review the tests and then perhaps the sonar bugs can be added to the ‘won’t fix’
list.

UnitSphereSamplerTest.testNextNormSquaredAfterZeroIsValid
GeometricSamplerTest.testProbabilityOfSuccessUnderOneIsValid

Alex