commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] GitHub Release Notes
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 02:50:13 GMT

> On Mar 15, 2019, at 1:05 PM, Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Isn't there a related convo at the Incubator about that?

I’m not on at the incubator....guess I should subscribe. But wait...didn’t you tell me
to do something like that some where else like a month ago :-P

-Rob

> Anyways, this would be a neat feature for adding mirrors of official
> releases. The automatic releases feature for when you make a git tag
> can look weird, though, since they're not the actual release
> typically.
>
>> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 19:16, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Now that we have gitbox enabled, committers can “draft releases” in github which
includes the ability to upload artifacts and add release notes to tags. I’ll give an example
of what’s possible with the upcoming release of the [commons-release-plugin]. At $work I’ve
been using this functionality for quite some time and have found it convenient.

>> Figured I’d let folks know about it. As it could be a user friendly item. Obviously
we would not want to put anything in the releases area that we are not keeping direct track
of in Apache infrastructure.