commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Rng] New XoShiRo generators
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 13:08:25 GMT
FYI.

> I am going to update stdin2testu01.c so that it passes all the input bits to TestU01
and try again.

> I’ve read some of the code and manual of TestU01 and the values that are returned from
the unif01_Gen->GetBits method (unsigned long) are assumed to be 32-bit unsigned. So I
think just changing stdin2testu01.c to read the buffer using uint32_t should work.

When reading the stdin using a uint32_t for BigCrush I am already seeing a lot of failures
for the composites.

Results should be complete before the end of today.

Alex