commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [numbers-fraction] Maven surefire plugin error
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 23:29:11 GMT

> On 4 Mar 2019, at 23:10, Gilles Sadowski <gilleseran@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Le lun. 4 mars 2019 à 23:21, Eric Barnhill <ericbarnhill@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> I am getting a maven error for the surefire plugin, but don't see it listed
>> as a dependency in numbers-fraction or numbers-core. I see it listed in
>> numbers-parent, but with no version number. Any ideas what I need to do to
>> get the tests running again?
>
> Version is probably inherited from CP (commons-parent).
>

>> I also get this error with other numbers modules so I suspect it is down to
>> my setup, but just can't quite see what to modify. "It was all working last
>> week..."
>
> Did you change the environment (IDE, JVM, maven)?
>
>> Error msg:
>> ---
>> Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20.1:test (default-test)
>> on project commons-numbers-fraction: Execution default-test of goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20.1:test failed.
>> NullPointerException -> [Help 1]
>
> This does not occur on "master" but only on the "fraction-dev" branch.

I tried the ‘fraction-dev’ branch. My build from the root reactor gets past the [numbers-fraction]
module but fails on [numbers-arrays] with a compilation failure.

Since it is possibly a platform issue I'll try open JDK on linux tomorrow for comparison.

You could try updating the branch to commons-parent 47 as a test.