commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject [ALL] Avoiding duplication of work between GitHub PRs and JIRA
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 13:54:28 GMT
Hi All:

I'll start with this example from Commons VFS and its changes.xml:

      <action issue="VFS-692" dev="ggregory" type="update" due-to="Gary
Gregory">
        Update Apache Commons Collections from 4.2 to 4.3.
      </action>

      <action                 dev="ggregory" type="update" due-to="Boris
Petrov, Gary Gregory">
        Add support for customizing FTP transfer aborted status codes.
GitHub PR #51.
      </action>

The first entry uses a JIRA reference as usual.

In the second entry, I applied a PR from GitHub but I did not create a
matching JIRA issue. The fact that we have a change is still tracked in
changes.xml. The site report will not have a URL to JIRA.

Question: Can we make the changes plugin generate a link to GitHub for a PR?

Gary