commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Rng] New XoShiRo generators
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:37:57 GMT
Hi Alex.

Le ven. 15 mars 2019 à 14:08, Alex Herbert <alex.d.herbert@gmail.com> a écrit :

> FYI.
>
> > I am going to update stdin2testu01.c so that it passes all the input bits to TestU01
and try again.

> > I’ve read some of the code and manual of TestU01 and the values that are returned
from the unif01_Gen->GetBits method (unsigned long) are assumed to be 32-bit unsigned.
So I think just changing stdin2testu01.c to read the buffer using uint32_t should work.

> When reading the stdin using a uint32_t for BigCrush I am already seeing a lot of failures
for the composites.

Thanks for the update.
It's not clear to me why the other version of the interfacing code
would be more forgiving.

Gilles