commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [numbers-fraction] Maven surefire plugin error
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2019 23:10:25 GMT
Hi.

Le lun. 4 mars 2019 à 23:21, Eric Barnhill <ericbarnhill@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I am getting a maven error for the surefire plugin, but don't see it listed
> as a dependency in numbers-fraction or numbers-core. I see it listed in
> numbers-parent, but with no version number. Any ideas what I need to do to
> get the tests running again?

Version is probably inherited from CP (commons-parent).

> I also get this error with other numbers modules so I suspect it is down to
> my setup, but just can't quite see what to modify. "It was all working last
> week..."

Did you change the environment (IDE, JVM, maven)?

> Error msg:
> ---
> Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20.1:test (default-test)
> on project commons-numbers-fraction: Execution default-test of goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.20.1:test failed.
> NullPointerException -> [Help 1]

This does not occur on "master" but only on the "fraction-dev" branch.
Here is an excerpt of the exception trace (from running "mvn -e test"):
---CUT---
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.shade.org.apache.commons.lang3.SystemUtils.isJavaVersionAtLeast
(SystemUtils.java:1626)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.getEffectiveJvm
(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:2107)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.getForkConfiguration
(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:1976)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeProvider
(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:1111)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.AbstractSurefireMojo.executeAfterPreconditionsChecked
(AbstractSurefireMojo.java:954)
---CUT---

Regards,
Gilles