commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] GitHub Release Notes
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:05:10 GMT
Isn't there a related convo at the Incubator about that?

Anyways, this would be a neat feature for adding mirrors of official
releases. The automatic releases feature for when you make a git tag
can look weird, though, since they're not the actual release
typically.

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 19:16, Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now that we have gitbox enabled, committers can “draft releases” in github which
includes the ability to upload artifacts and add release notes to tags. I’ll give an example
of what’s possible with the upcoming release of the [commons-release-plugin]. At $work I’ve
been using this functionality for quite some time and have found it convenient.

> Figured I’d let folks know about it. As it could be a user friendly item. Obviously
we would not want to put anything in the releases area that we are not keeping direct track
of in Apache infrastructure.

Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>