commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Parent] RAT check
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 10:58:16 GMT
On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 11:45 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about making apache-rat:check run automatically in commons-parent? In
> the Maven validate phase?

Not being a Maven expert: When would that check run, exactly? If that
would include a simple "mvn clean install", then I'd definitely be -1,
A build should be quick, and painless. That could not exclude a rat
check.

Btw: For that very reason, I have written a Rat alternative [1], which
is much faster than Rat. My intention was to have this running inside
a Git hook. However, if I should find someone, who's getting me
started with Eclipse plugin programming, then I might add such a
plugin.

Jochen

1: https://github.com/jochenw/qse