commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 Mentor Registration
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 19:02:09 GMT
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:48 AM Gilles Sadowski <gilleseran@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There are also a couple of CM packages that would be worth porting
> to [Numbers] or their own component:
>   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.integration
>   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.interpolation
>   * o.a.c.math4.analysis.solvers
> (with adaptation to the interfaces of Java 8 "function" package).
>
> As for the "o.a.c.math4.ml" package, it should be fairly easy to
> port it to its own component, as there are no dependencies towards
> other CM packages.
> It could be worth having a small component focused on classification.
>
> WDYT?

 Interpolation I am well familiar with and have used the commons library
before, and would be happy to mentor.

The other analysis libraries are pretty far outside of my expertise, and I
am not qualified to mentor alone anyway, but would be happy to be involved
and learn how they work.

I guess I am not too interested in putting time into ML components if Weka
does it better.