commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ALL] Avoiding duplication of work between GitHub PRs and JIRA
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2019 14:06:22 GMT
On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 13:54, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I'll start with this example from Commons VFS and its changes.xml:
>
>       <action issue="VFS-692" dev="ggregory" type="update" due-to="Gary
> Gregory">
>         Update Apache Commons Collections from 4.2 to 4.3.
>       </action>
>
>       <action                 dev="ggregory" type="update" due-to="Boris
> Petrov, Gary Gregory">
>         Add support for customizing FTP transfer aborted status codes.
> GitHub PR #51.
>       </action>
>
> The first entry uses a JIRA reference as usual.
>
> In the second entry, I applied a PR from GitHub but I did not create a
> matching JIRA issue. The fact that we have a change is still tracked in
> changes.xml. The site report will not have a URL to JIRA.
>
> Question: Can we make the changes plugin generate a link to GitHub for a PR?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changes-plugin/changes-report-mojo.html#issueLinkTemplatePerSystem

I don't think the plugin can support more that one type of URL
generation per pom.
It would need some way to distinguish different types of issues.
e.g. a different attribute name (gitpr) or an extra attribute to
qualify the issue type.

This is really a question for the Maven user list.