commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Eckenfels <e...@zusammenkunft.net>
Subject Re: MD5/SHA1 links - make sure they are removed in component source!
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2019 09:51:55 GMT
Hello,

I was only looking on the commit mailing list, found it on notify, thanks.

You did not explicitely mention it, but it looks like you only had to change download pages,
so my comment about removing the links anywhere else is I guess moot.

BTW the (Imaging] Download (still) points to incubator, are we planning to change this?

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net
________________________________
Von: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, März 12, 2019 10:37 AM
An: Commons Developers List
Betreff: Re: MD5/SHA1 links - make sure they are removed in component source!

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 at 09:11, Bernd Eckenfels <ecki@zusammenkunft.net> wrote:

> Is that change done here?
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/

Yes, I have a local checkout of the top two levels (only) which makes
this very easy.

> Is there a Svn Web view where we can see the commit and check out what files have been
changed?

The changes were all sent to the notifications@commons.apache.org list.

I don't know if there is a web view.

> Maybe we can also reduce the number of download links to mainly the mirror scripts?

If you are talking about dropping the links to KEYS, hashes and sigs,
they are required
https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#download-links

It must be easy for downloaders to fetch these files for verification purposes.