commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Nguyen <bennguye...@gmail.com>
Subject [STATISTICS][Regression][Linear Math] Is there any plan/anyone working on a new Linear Math module currently?
Date Wed, 08 May 2019 20:37:41 GMT
Hello,

The regression module will require a lot of linear math, specifically matrix operations which
I’ve heard is outdated. Are there any updates on it’s development? Is this someone’s
GSoC project? If not I could try to help by attempting to start porting regression essential
operations. But the dependencies for the current library is vast so this would end up being
a large endeavor and I know I am not one to properly design a linear math library, I only
know the basics, it would probably become a mess. So if there is no current development plan
I fear I might have to start by using the old library for now until linear’s development
kicks in…. Is this okay?

Thank you,
Ben