commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Juntunen <matt.juntu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [geometry] release
Date Wed, 22 May 2019 12:07:13 GMT
Hi Sven,

Until we can roll out an actual release of numbers and geometry, I think your best bet is
to fork commons-geometry and all of its SNAPSHOT dependencies, change the groupIds and/or
artifactIds in the poms to something custom (to avoid conflicts later on), and then release
those directly to your artifactory server. You'll probably need to make other modifications
to the poms in order to get this to work. This process will most likely be very painful. If
you only use small portions of the geometry code, another option would be to temporarily copy
some of the classes from commons-geometry directly into your application code. This would
avoid a lot of messing around with release processes and would make the commons-geometry behavior
that your application relies on directly visible. I would use this approach, if at all possible,
until a real release can be made.

Godspeed.

-Matt
________________________________
From: Sven Rathgeber <sven.rathgeber@web.de>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:23 AM
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: [geometry] release

Hi,

I use in one of our applications the current state
of https://github.com/apache/commons-geometry (c45647f45df7d81819e47ad6bd0d342069fb305d ).
(... which has a couple of child projects and relies on the current state of common-numbers
-> in sum about 15 jars.)

Now I have to release my application in order to bring it to our testsystem, but maven
is not happy about the SNAPSHOT release of commons-geometry.

I tried with a profile to release it to our artifactory server .... but that looks like a
pretty hard
way. Currently maven wants me to commit to 'https://gitbox.apache.org' :), which is not exactly
what I want.

Do you see a way how I can release my application ?

Cheers.
Sven