commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec][parent] javadoc on JDK 11 requires <source>
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2019 16:27:23 GMT

On 25/07/2019 17:15, Gary Gregory wrote:
> So we should really fix this in parent 49 and release it, right?

The fix is a one liner. I can push to parent the fix. Locally this works
if I install 49-SNAPSHOT and use it in [codec].

To get it into downstream projects would require they all upgrade the
parent. Not so easy.

I do not know how many projects this effects. It would be anything that
has not manually configured the javadoc plugin when building on JDK 11+.
I'm not familiar with how many projects are building javadocs on travis
with a JDK 11+ in the build matrix.