commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Remily <alex.rem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [crypto] Committer Support to Commons Crypto
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2019 21:53:34 GMT
Thanks for the response Gary.  I'll point out to potential reviewers that
the native component of this project and some limitations of Travis
complicate the testing process.  Commons crypto provides a Java wrapper
around OpenSSL on Windows, OS X and Linux, so testing the PR involves
building and running tests on each of those environments.  In addition, the
PR I submitted adds support for OpenSSL 1.1.x as well as the original
1.0.x, so you're looking at running six separate builds, one for 1.1.x and
one for 1.0.x on each supported operating system.  I would very much
appreciate someone making the effort, but I do want any volunteer to
understand in advance the level of effort involved compared to a project
without a native code component.  I'm happy to lend a hand with environment
configuration in support of the review.

Alex