commons-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [codec][csv] release
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2019 21:36:55 GMT

> On 16 Jul 2019, at 21:46, Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> There have been requests for Codec ad CSV to be released, so I plan on
> getting to these soon.

I have an outstanding PR for a bug CSV-247 [1] that requires a review.

There is also the major bug CSV-248 where the CSVRecord is not Serializable [2]. This requires
a decision on what to do to fix it.

I also raised [3] the strange implementation of the CSVParser getHeaderNames() which ignores
empty headers. Thus the list of header names may be shorter than the number of columns when
the parser is configured to allow empty headers. I’ve not raised a bug ticket for this as
it is open to opinion if this is by design or actually a bug. So requires some input from
someone more familiar with the code and the history of this functionality.

[1] https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47 <https://github.com/apache/commons-csv/pull/47>

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-248>

[3] https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6 <https://markmail.org/message/woti2iymecosihx6>