commons-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graph status?
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2019 21:33:25 GMT
Hi Marco,

Had a look to jena for another project and didnt evaluate it here for these
reasons (happy to be wrong):

- dep stack was huge for only graph part (guava shade, some other uneeded
commons etc, most being excludable but without guarantees in time)
- it is not about DAG and therefore misses navigation methods (which is
what I need in addition to "mutation" methods for the algo i want to impl)
- it is not the goal of jena so API and core stack can evolve in an
undesired manner

To mention alternatives, spark, flink, beam, ignite for the few I can think
about, have something not crazy but still this stack and API issues :(.

This is how i ended up looking commons, to try to have something stable and
dep free.

Romain