commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the logo
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2019 15:36:26 GMT
> On September 7, 2019 1:25:41 AM UTC, Gilles Sadowski <gilleseran@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've looked but can't find a previous vote on this.
>>>
>>> The current logo is:
>>>
>>https://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/ApacheFoundation_StyleGuide.pdf
>>>
>>> The options for the new logo are:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-86
>>>
>>> Of those, commons_logo.small.png is not consistent with the style
>>guide
>>> (the feather is rotated).
>>>
>>> I can't see a difference (apart from size) between
>>commons-logo_new.svg
>>> and commons-logo_new4.svg. Am I missing something?
>>>
>>> My intention is, therefore, to put commons-logo_new[1-4].svg onto a
>>wiki
>>> page so they can be viewed side-by-side and then to start a VOTE.
>>
>>All proposals currently on that JIRA page are ruled out (see the URL).
>
> On what basis? 1-4 looked OK to me.

Apart from the deprecated (non-secure) URL, they also diverge,
from a graphical POV, from the foundation's visual identity.
Anyways, I don't think it's worth entering a discussion on matters
of taste, especially now that we have been offered help from
"Central Services".
Any objection to accepting Sally's proposal?

Thanks,
Gilles