commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating the logo
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2019 21:50:47 GMT
Hello.

Le ven. 6 sept. 2019 à 16:53, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I've looked but can't find a previous vote on this.
>
> The current logo is:
> https://apache.org/foundation/press/kit/ApacheFoundation_StyleGuide.pdf
>
> The options for the new logo are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSSITE-86
>
> Of those, commons_logo.small.png is not consistent with the style guide
> (the feather is rotated).

Is there anything in the "Identity Style Guide" that forbids a project
to use the feather is some other position in its own logo?
This is unrelated to the requirement to not distort the foundation's logo.

Several projects[1] use variations of the feather (including slope, cut,
rotation, stylized, old-fashion, ...).

Regards,
Gilles

[1] https://www.apache.org/logos/