commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Roberts" <mar...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject strange change to src/main/java/org/apache/bcel/generic/FieldGenOrMethodGen.java
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:08:08 GMT
When the BCEL package was renamed back to org.apache.bcel  in:

commit d522432b79044740831a132d8b92e7dab5477444
Author: Benedikt Ritter <britter@apache.org>
Date:   Tue Jun 7 17:28:43 2016 +0000

The methods to add and delete annotations were changed from public to protected with a confusing
comment:
<     public void addAnnotationEntry(AnnotationEntryGen ag)
---
>     protected void addAnnotationEntry(final AnnotationEntryGen ag) // TODO could this
be package protected?

I think this might have been a cut and paste error as the same comment was added to other
methods, but they were left public (so the comment makes sense).

In any case, the current situation is you can add and delete Attributes but not Annotations.
 And, surprise, that is exactly what I need to do.

Any reason not to change these back to public?

Thanks,
Mark