commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange change to src/main/java/org/apache/bcel/generic/FieldGenOrMethodGen.java
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2019 15:28:37 GMT
Hi All:

The upshot here (to me) is that we have an opportunity to help Mark by:

- Simply agreeing that it is OK to change the visibility of the method(s)
if appropriate tests are added, or:
- Provide a new API _somewhere_, presumably in the _best/right_ place that
fulfills his app's needs.

The difference being changing visibility solely for expediency's sake vs.
thinking about the API and making sure provide this functionality in the
right place.

It seems that Mark can help us see it best since he's quite familiar with
the code by now.

Gary