commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Barnhill <ericbarnh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [statistics-regression] Proposed Regression class/method structure
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2019 00:05:12 GMT
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:01 PM Gilles Sadowski <gilleseran@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Eric.

> > Here is a schematic for how the interface might be made more abstract.
> >
> > https://imgur.com/a/izx5Xkh
>
> This cannot be downloaded.
> Please attach the image to a JIRA issue.
>
> Regards,
> Gilles
>
> It is attached to STATISTICS-8.

As for whether Vector is necessary. The idea was to sketch out an interface
that was more abstracted. Maybe Vector is a bit too abstract in a java
context, it's a pretty common container in many languages.

With more time to ponder, my vote is just to use EJML Matrix and double[]
as I proposed in the first scheme. Any use cases for which Matrix and
double[] will not suffice would be quite far off and I suspect this simple
approach will be sufficient for the commons mission.

Eric