commons-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Amir Hadadi (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Closed] (TEXT-153) LookupTranslator performance optimization
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 14:20:00 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-153?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Amir Hadadi closed TEXT-153.
----------------------------

> LookupTranslator performance optimization
> -----------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TEXT-153
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-153
>             Project: Commons Text
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 1.0
>            Reporter: Amir Hadadi
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.7
>
>          Time Spent: 1h 20m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> When using Java Mission Control to profile an application that uses StringEscapeUtils::escapeEcmaScript,
I noticed that a lot of time is spent in LookupTranslator::translate at the prefixSet::contains
check.
> I suggest taking advantage of the fact that prefixSet contains only characters, and
replace it with a BitSet.
> I did some benchmarking and translate for the non escaped case is 4-5X faster when replacing
the HashSet with a BitSet.
> BitSet Memory consumption for characters is capped at 8KB, and depends on the maximal
prefix character. For example for ECMA script the max escaped prefix character is "\" which
has unicode code 92 so the BitSet uses a long array of length 2 to represent all the needed
characters.
>  
> Link to pull request: https://github.com/apache/commons-text/pull/108
>  



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Mime
View raw message