couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AdvocateHub rewards
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:25:47 GMT
Jan,

this is a very fair point. But I think it could be avoided if we add sth.
like "Thanks to all the awesome work of the contributors, this release is
again so cool ..." If there is a very big part created by one person, why
not name him also? But on the other hand, we have the contributors list and
the people earn respect because they can be found in the commit history.
The developers working on CouchDB do it, because they believe in the
project and want to help creating awesome software. Not to see their name
in any special announcement. At least, that's the point for me.

So I can understand your (and Lena's) concerns but I personally do not see
this a s such a big issue. Maybe we could make a quick questionnaire
(Google form thingy?) on dev@ to get a feeling for this?

Cheers

Andy

--