crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checkstyle & Reviews
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 07:14:39 GMT
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Can we check in the Eclipse style config? And is it possible to
> integrate it w/mvn eclipse:eclipse so that it automatically gets added
> to the project? (I haven't used them before, obviously.)

I'll add an Eclipse style config to the project that replicates the
current style as closely as possible.

It appears that it's possible to set up code formatting rules on a
workspace (and maybe project) basis from maven
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/examples/load-code-styles.html),
but as usual I'm confused by maven plugin documentation. I'll try to
figure out how to make this work as well so that "mvn eclipse:eclipse"
will automatically set up the code formatting.

At the very least we'll end up with a style config that needs to be
added to an Eclipse project/workspace just once, and in the best case
scenario everything will Just Work.

- Gabriel