crunch-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matthias Friedrich <>
Subject Re: graduation/release schedule
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:29:25 GMT

On Thursday, 2013-01-31, Josh Wills wrote:
> I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this week:
> 1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
> 2) When to graduate from the incubator.
> From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on Hadoop
> 2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.

We've done a lot of refactoring after the 0.4.0 release and I think
the package structure is in pretty good shape now. If there are things
you (or anyone else) would like to improve, then it would be a good
idea to do this before the 0.5.0 release. My time is extremely limited
right now - and will be for a couple more weeks at least - so I won't
be able to work on that front. I'd make time to help with the release
process though whenever you decide to cut the release.

> For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now, although
> I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff before
> the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may still
> end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.

I'd give it a try as soon as possible, perhaps we can still make it in

In any way we still have to do our incubator report. I could post a
draft this weekend if that isn't too late.


View raw message