crunch-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gabriel Reid <>
Subject Re: graduation/release schedule
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:14:59 GMT

On 31 Jan 2013, at 16:27, Josh Wills <> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this week:
> 1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
> 2) When to graduate from the incubator.
> From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on Hadoop
> 2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.

I think it would be good to get CRUNCH-155 out of the way before 0.5.0, but 
other than that I don't see anything else in the way.

> For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now, although
> I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff before
> the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may still
> end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.

It looks like we're ready for graduation, so let's go for it. If it doesn't
happen in time for the next board meeting, it doesn't happen, but I'd
say that's no reason to hold back on getting things moving now.

- Gabriel

View raw message