crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: graduation/release schedule
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:33:54 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, 2013-01-31, Josh Wills wrote:
> > I wanted to get opinions on two things that have been on my mind this
> week:
> >
> > 1) When to cut the 0.5.0 release, and
> > 2) When to graduate from the incubator.
> >
> > From my perspective, I would like to solve the HBase join issue on Hadoop
> > 2.x before the 0.5.0 release, but I don't have any other blockers.
>
> We've done a lot of refactoring after the 0.4.0 release and I think
> the package structure is in pretty good shape now. If there are things
> you (or anyone else) would like to improve, then it would be a good
> idea to do this before the 0.5.0 release. My time is extremely limited
> right now - and will be for a couple more weeks at least - so I won't
> be able to work on that front. I'd make time to help with the release
> process though whenever you decide to cut the release.

Agree with you re: package structure and the 0.5.0 release. I don't have
any other
hotspots I wanted to hit, but I'll take another pass through the code this
weekend.

> > For graduation, I'm personally ready to kick off the process now,
> although
> > I'm not sure we'll have made it through all of the ceremony stuff before
> > the next board meeting (which I think is on February 20th.) So we may
> still
> > end up cutting one more release in the incubator before we leave.
>
> I'd give it a try as soon as possible, perhaps we can still make it in
> time.

Okay, sounds good. I'm going to kick off a vote thread.

> In any way we still have to do our incubator report. I could post a
> draft this weekend if that isn't too late.

No, not at all-- thanks!

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>