ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bleeker.T...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: release plans?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:09:58 GMT
You can use the Fix Versions field as you stated but someone has to
create the 2.6, 3.0, etc versions. If you did patches in the future, no
problem, you can create say a 3.0.1.1 version if you want.

Thanks
Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: ctakes-dev-return-325-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org
[mailto:ctakes-dev-return-325-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org
] On Behalf Of Masanz, James J.
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 9:51 AM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: release plans?

I think  we need 2 issues opened regarding the type system. I will do
that today. One for things that are additions and won't impact current
users, and another for things that require refactoring and could affect
current users, such as the fix to be creating an (instance of a subclass
of) Event for a disease/disorder etc instead of an (instance of a
subclass of)  Entity.

To mark the release that we plan to fix an issue by, perhaps we could
use the "Fix Version/s" field. Or does that normally include the version
that a patch is released for (if we ever create patches).

I propose the following:

2.6-incubating
 CTAKES-7  Pre-Migration- Update/Migrate current cTAKES documentation
 CTAKES-13 Pre-Migration- Create cTAKES 2.6 release (what would have
been 2.6 in SF)
 CTAKES-14 TimeMention is missing feature for what is being manually
annotated as "class"
 CTAKES-19 ctakes constituency parser does not generate function tags
 CTAKES-24 extraneous jars in cTAKES 2.5
 CTAKES-33 Add Relation Extractor
 CTAKES-36 remove generated types from source tree
 CTAKES-42 user guide - Note that test1.xml uses CDA not plaintext AE

3.0-incubating
 CTAKES-12 Upgrade to cTAKES components to latest Lucene version.
 CTAKES-16 use uimaFIT's selectCovered() instead of UIMA's subiterator
 CTAKES-18 add XxxxEntity|EventMention types for other NEs similar to
MedicationEventMention
 CTAKES-25 retrain rest of models using OpenNLP 1.5
 CTAKES-27 Upgrade cTAKES dependencies/libraries
 CTAKES-28 Externalize dictionarylookup/UMLS password to password file
or variable
 CTAKES-30 Maven integration of cTAKES components
 CTAKES-31 constrainToWindow assumes tokens are not sorted
 CTAKES-32 dictionary lookup creates new LookupTokens many times
 CTAKES-35 SyntaxAttributeCalculator.java hardcodes file names
 CTAKES-38 Orange book is not the most recent
 CTAKES-39 Upgrade LVG to a later version
 CTAKES-44 Tokenizer does not handle Windows-style newlines
 CTAKES-47 codes and OUI in CreateLuceneIndexForSnomedLikeSample.java
 CTAKES-48 negation annotator - Sentence type used in code not in descr

 CTAKES-50 Remove UIMA Deprecated references in Annotators
 CTAKES-52 Context sensitive tokenizer misses certain kinds of time
expressions
 CTAKES-53 move UMLS out of Apache distribution
 CTAKES-54 rename packages to org.apache.ctakes
 CTAKES-55 rename modules consistently

Regards,
James Masanz

Here are