ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject cTAKES uber jar distribution
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:13:47 GMT
If I recall correctly, I believe there was interest and a consensus to have an additional optional
cTAKES binary distribution as an standalone executable jar with all of its dependencies included.
This is in additional to a simple cTAKES maven dependency or it's module jars for developers
to include directly into their projects [geared towards end-users in addition to the future
web configuration gui that is currently in sandbox now].  I believe the creation of some uber
jar for deployment should be easily accomplished now using either the maven assembly plugin
or shade plugin.
[May have to make some minor tweaks to the existing main pom such as separating out the inheritance
vs the aggregator specific functions such as shading - which is probably a good idea anyway].

Does an uber jar still sound useful or should we wait until we create a war (with separate
dependency jars in the standard WEB-INF/lib) which will be part of the web gui very soon anyway?
If anyone has any concerns/objections/suggestions, please let us  know- or better yet just
open a jira and contribute to it :).

--Pei