ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: cTAKES uber jar distribution
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:17:07 GMT
+1 on the Steve's points below.

This actually gave me an idea to handle the #2,3 in Troy's user scenarios.
I created some additional profiles in the pom.xml's to allow maven to launch Uima's CVD/CPE's
from the command line using the exec plug-in.
Essentially, one would just need to:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ctakes/trunk
mvn install (or clean, compile) 	//Option to update any desc/xml/resources/dictionaries modifications
and rebuild]
mvn exec:java -Pcvd  		//Launch UIMA CVD UI essentially using MVN to handle the dependencies
by reusing the project's pom configuration.

What do the rest of the folks think?  If there are no objections, I'll commit those additions
after the weekend.

Obviously, #1 end-user we'll still need to provide something like the web interface.  #4-
I'm less concerned about since he/she will committing off the ctakes repository and I think
it's fair to have a higher expectation if they are going to be committing back to the codebase.
--Pei