ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Savova, Guergana" <Guergana.Sav...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Ctakes relation extraction
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2017 18:24:48 GMT

Fax: (617) 730-0817
Guergana.Savova@childrens.harvard.edu
Harvard Scholar: http://scholar.harvard.edu/guergana_k_savova/biocv

-----Original Message-----
From: Abramowitsch, Peter [mailto:pabramowitsch@hearst.com]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 1:19 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ctakes relation extraction

There is another, more generic NLP engine,  StanfordCoreNLP which does have more advanced
CORel annotation capabilities, but it is not specifically tuned to clinical concepts and relationships.
So for instance, causal relationships might be detected if expressed in standard
english, but certainly not by clinical acronyms.    But you might play
with it just to get a sense of what is possible in the open source space.

Regards,  Peter