ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Phenotype-specific entities [SUSPICIOUS] [SUSPICIOUS]
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:25:54 GMT
Lol was just about to send this:
https://github.com/tmills/umls-graph-api

It points at your umls META directory, reads in the ctakes list of TUIs, and builds a neo4j
graph database with all the ISA links, and has a simple API for getting parent/child CUIs.
I used it for coreference.
Tim

From: Finan, Sean <Sean.Finan@childrens.harvard.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 2:23 PM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: Phenotype-specific entities [SUSPICIOUS] [SUSPICIOUS]

The dictionary gui doesn't walk the ontology.  There are umls tables that list relations,
wherein things like "isa" (is a) relations may satisfy a hypernym requirement.  If you have
the umls rrf files look at mrrel.rrf.  The structure is basically concept1|..| concept2|..|relationtype|..
  See section 3.3.9: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov_books_NBK9685_&d=DwIFAg&c=qS4goWBT7poplM69zy_3xhKwEW14JZMSdioCoppxeFU&r=Heup-IbsIg9Q1TPOylpP9FE4GTK-OqdTDRRNQXipowRLRjx0ibQrHEo8uYx6674h&m=agwhlSpSUQ0H6VeJpnACDGcka2fVYSy3HaITKaJN9S8&s=aODQU20_0mAv1i_izwB3RZGOBB0U0ZucFkByxovUJJc&e=

If anybody has made anything that parses/uses umls relations and can be used by ctakes, please
contribute!  Something like a simple traversable umls graphdb would be a great addition ...
 Even if it is incomplete or rough, it could be a valuable seed for a new effort.

Sean