ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Nicole Gustafson <erin.gustaf...@northwestern.edu>
Subject Drug NER missing dosage
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:21:32 GMT
Hi all-

I am running the Drug NER component as a part of the clinical pipeline. My goal is to extract
the drug name, dosage, frequency, and route from some clinical text. Currently, I am able
to get annotations for the name, frequency, and route, but not dosage. I'm noticing that when
the new DrugMention object is created within the DrugMentionAnnotator, that the critical bit
of code for creating the dosage element gets skipped because the result of doseTokenItr.hasNext()
is false. I'm not sure why this is happening.

In case this is helpful information: I am running the clinical pipeline by running the main
method in ClinicalPipelineFactory with the DrugMentionAnnotator added to the fast pipeline.
I'm currently working with a single hard-coded drug mention example in the form of: Name dosage
frequency route.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Erin