ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Finan, Sean" <Sean.Fi...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Ctakes is not thread safe [SUSPICIOUS]
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:56:24 GMT
Hi Tim,

Definitely not a dumb idea.  I think that this possibility and others have been posted: no
lvg, single-thread, uima-as, multiple jvms, wrapping the current lvg annotator in a singleton
and then making a new lvg annotator that makes synchronized calls to that singleton ...

I think that it may be waiting for somebody to just check in a fix.  I have been thinking
about doing the last one (singleton) ...  Do you feel like giving it a try?

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Miller@childrens.harvard.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 9:41 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ctakes is not thread safe [SUSPICIOUS]

My understanding is that it is our dependency on a somewhat outdated version of LVG that makes
it non-thread-safe. So we can update the dependency, but in the meantime if Alaa removes LVG
from the pipeline will that be threadsafe? Alaa, if no one else weighs in to tell you this
idea is stupid it might be worth a try.

Tim