ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Lin, Chen" <Chen....@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Temporal module tests
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 20:47:17 GMT
Hi Erin,

The warning is saying that Time-class feature of a temporal expression is
not found. The time-class (e.g. ³date², ³time², ³duration², ³quantifier²,
³prepostexp², and ³set²) of a temporal expression is a standard feature we
can get from gold standard thyme annotation
(http://clear.colorado.edu/compsem/documents/older/THYME%20Guidelines.pdf).
 For the test pipeline, the timex annotator probably missed the time-class
type for a temporal expression, so this feature is null. Good thing is
that without this feature, our model can still make reasonable prediction,
as you can successfully get contains prediction. Without temporal
attributes, a performance drop (-0.012 F-score) is expected, as our system
paper (Lin C, et al. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2015;0:1­9.
doi:10.1093/jamia/ocv113) shows (Table 4).

Best,
Chen