ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Erin Gustafson <erin.gustaf...@northwestern.edu>
Subject RE: Temporal module dictionary
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 17:00:17 GMT
Hey Dima,

Yes, that is one solution! Perhaps that's just the best way to go.

I'm seeing right now that the annotator is missing some relations that I would expect it to
catch (unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is possible). For example:

He reports sinusitis and rhinitis for 4 years, which started when he moved to *city* 4 years
ago.
-> misses sinusitis for 4 years, rhinitis for 4 years
-> catches *city* 4 years ago

Would you expect those sort of expressions to be captured by the temporal module?

Thanks,
Erin

-----Original Message-----
From: Dligach, Dmitriy [mailto:ddligach@luc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:50 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Temporal module dictionary

Hi Erin,

Is it an option to use all events and then just post-process the output of temporal relation
extraction to include the events you are interested in? The temporal module may break if you
exclude some events.

Dima

> On May 11, 2017, at 11:44, Erin Gustafson <erin.gustafson@northwestern.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use the temporal module to detect temporal relations involving events
specific to a phenotype. I've created a custom .bsv dictionary with a limited set of concepts
relevant to that phenotype, which I have used in the past as input to the dictionary look-up
algorithm. Now I'd like to try to use the same dictionary with the temporal module to limit
the extracted relations to those involving events of interest.

> Is it possible to do this? I've plugged my dictionary in to FullTemporalExtractionPipeline,
but the detected events still include concepts that fall outside my dictionary.