ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Sandeep Byatha Gururaja rao <sandeep...@arisglobal.com>
Subject RE: cTAKES Rest Service Development - Dictionary GUI MySQL Progress + 1 Concern
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2017 07:03:49 GMT
Hi,

Great job Matthew !!!

Regards,
Sandeep

From: Matthew Vita [mailto:matthewvita48@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:53 AM
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; Sandeep Byatha Gururaja rao; Shane Chesnutt
Subject: cTAKES Rest Service Development - Dictionary GUI MySQL Progress + 1 Concern

Hi Gandhi, Sean, Tim, Alex, James,

Good news, I was able to get MySQL running in the `ctakes-gui` (recall that I am building
in a toggle so that folks can create dictionaries using MySQL rather than HSQLDB script files).

I found out the source of the issue with bringing in the MySQL dependency. This one definitely
took me a while and was super subtle! If you visit /ctakes/ctakes-distribution/src/main/assembly/bin.xml,
<exclude>mysql:*</exclude>is present because it's a
 non-asf compliant dependency used by ytex.
Removing the exclude and addingin <include>mysql:mysql-connector-java</include>
gets the correct result:

/ctakes/ctakes-distribution/target/apache-ctakes-4.0.1-SNAPSHOT/lib

matthew

​​

% ls -lash | grep mysql

  3912 -rw-r--r--   1 matthew  staff   1.9M Dec 14 20:23 mysql-connector-java-6.0.6.jar

Just for completeness, this is the exact POM entry:

      <dependency>

         <groupId>mysql</groupId>

         <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>

         <version>6.0.6</version>

     </dependency>

Is there anyway we can use MySQL in cTAKES in a way that is compliant with ASF? I wonder if
MariaDB or Postgresql would be better because they work with JDBC and are free/open source.
Of course, I am biased towards MySQL/MariaDB because the (near) future users of cTAKES Rest
Service in the OpenEMR space are going to want MySQL/MariaDB users :). Not a huge deal though.

Thanks,

Matthew Vita
www.matthewvita.com<http://www.matthewvita.com/>
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender or system
manager by email immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,
copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited and against the law.